New Vacancies January 2021
Owing to our development plans for 2021 and beyond, we have two new exciting opportunities to join our team.
The purpose of this role is to estimate for and deliver landscaping projects that reflect the company’s commitment to client satisfaction, quality standards and business growth.
- To prepare, present and progress estimates for high-end residential and commercial landscaping schemes.
- To manage Profit and Loss for individual projects, including invoicing and credit control.
- To source hardscaping materials and plants, working in partnership with suppliers.
- To coach and mentor Landscaping Team Leaders.
- To champion and ensure compliance on all sites to The Garden Company Code of Conduct, Landscaping Standard Operating Procedures and Health and Safety Policy
- To build and sustain excellent client relationships.
- To work collaboratively with designers.
- To manage specialist contractors.
- To work collaboratively with other parties involved in projects (e.g. architects and engineers).
- To communicate proactively with the MD and other managers in the business.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level or similar vocational qualification, with at least 5 years’ experience at managerial level of:
- Costing & project managing high-end residential schemes.
- Managing in-house teams and specialist contractors
- Working effectively with discerning clients
- Collaborating with other professionals including garden designers, architects and engineers.
Skills and outlook: In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Strong focus on client satisfaction and excellent client-facing skills
- Passion for landscaping craftmanship and quality
- Professional communication abilities (verbal and written)
- Negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and organization skills
It would also be an advantage (but not essential) to offer design skills and experience of the design and build process.
To apply, please send your CV with covering email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also looking for a qualified garden designer with the following experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level or vocational equivalent.
- Experience in designing for a range of different sized projects, mainly high-end residential schemes.
- Experience with AutoCAD, SketchUp or Vectorworks an advantage but not essential.
- Excellent client-facing skills from discussing design ideas to presenting design concepts.
- Able to produce detailed designs for both hard and soft landscaping, schedules, and specifications.
- Good horticultural knowledge; able to produce and implement planting plans.
- Able to collaborate effectively with in-house colleagues throughout the build process.
- Strong focus on client satisfaction (willing to ‘go the extra mile’ for the client).
- Passion for great design, beautiful gardens and nature.
- Professional communication skills (verbal and written).
To apply, please send a portfolio (20mb max) and CV with covering email to James Scott at email@example.com
We are always looking for energetic and client-focused people to join us. College qualifications are great but are not a pre-requisite. What matters most is a passion for gardens and a desire to ‘wow’ clients. We pride ourselves on our ways of working and we are committed to continuous training and development. For example, we hold regular ‘plant identification’ sessions for everyone. We are also committed to supporting people through a full apprenticeship programme.
- You will need transport to get to and from our office and yard as we are based in a semi-rural location on the edge of the Chilterns.
- Our clients are based in the South East of England and North London regions and work vehicles will be available to you during the work day.
- Your hours will typically be full-time, Monday-Friday; however, flexible working arrangements will be considered depending on business requirement. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
We have a great team spirit, we get to work on challenging projects and it’s simply a friendly, supportive place to work! If you are interested in a gardening job based in Hertfordshire, please send your CV with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call our office on 01442 832666.