Our approach to the design process
When you are selecting a garden design service or company, you will have plenty of questions in mind, such as ….
- How long have you been doing this?
- What do your services include?
- Can you provide references?
- How much do you charge and what does that include?
- What types of drawings will you produce?
- When can you complete my project?
- What will you need from me?
We start every project with a face-to-face consultation meeting so that we can answer your questions as clearly as possible and also ask some questions of our own! Our design process certainly isn’t about approaching your project with a design in mind and making it fit. We will be keen to understand:
- On a practical basis, what you want and need from your garden or outdoor space (how will you use it?)
- More broadly, what is the ‘sense of place’ that you want to create (hard to define but it is vitally important for us to understand the combination of characteristics that will give your site a special ‘feel’ and help it to sit well in its surroundings)
- What specific opportunities or problems are presented by the site (applying our own experience and knowledge to discuss these with you)
Following the initial consultation (for which there is a small charge), we will send you a written design brief describing the style and features to be included in the scheme. This brief also outlines the costs for further design work.
In summary, we are highly experienced in providing the following garden design services:
- Landscape master planning
- Layout plans
- Detailed working drawings and specifications
- Planting plans
- Planning submissions
- Site supervision/overseeing
- Garden/landscape management and maintenance plans
- Annual visits to review a garden’s development and reports for clients to follow.
As a garden design and build company based in Hertfordshire, we are also able to offer a full landscaping & maintenance service for all gardens we design in the South East of England (you will often find us working in Buckinghamshire, North London, Bedfordshire and Middlesex).